Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Welcome to my neighborhood

I remember, at the time, when i first moved to Canarsie Brooklyn in the year of 1992, the area had nothing but commercial buildings, warehouses, and auto and repair shops. I also remember when I was able to park my car in front of my house without anyone breaking into it; I did not need a brake-lock system or a steering wheel lock, and walking to my car in the morning(s) without a damage, a broken mirror , or even my car missing was not an issue. I could never forget the day that I had parked my car down the block, from my house, and found it sitting on four bricks. This incident had happened about two years ago, and the quiet neighborhood that I thought was the same almost two years ago, had changed! Not only has it changed security wise, but it had also changed into a shopping area as well. The neighborhood that all my friends had moved away from, is the same neighborhood that brings back a lot of memories, to me and to my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment